We previously promised a contest to be part of a compilation book published by VPP, LLC. Well, here it is…
Write a story of any genre (sci-fi, horror, fantasy, romance, etc) with one of the “seven deadly sins” as the theme.
According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the seven deadly sins are: ” (1) vainglory, or pride, (2) greed, or covetousness, (3) lust, or inordinate or illicit sexual desire, (4) envy, (5) gluttony, which is usually understood to include drunkenness, (6) wrath, or anger, and (7) sloth.”
These stories will target ADULTS (18+ yrs old audience), must be at least 2,500 words but no longer than 7,500 words (approx 10 – 30 pages) and must have one of the seven deadly sins (listed above) as the underlying theme.
WORKS WILL BE JUDGED ON:
– Adherence to theme
– Quality of writing/editing
– Submissions will include author’s name, age and email address.
– 100% original works ONLY…plagiarism will not be tolerated.
– All submissions will be in Microsoft word format.
– Authors retain all rights to the work but agree to allow VPP, LLC to include their name and story in the compilation work indefinitely. Author may republish the work or submit it to another company for publication after one (1) year of this compilation’s publication however, VPP will be allowed to continue publication in this compilation book format only.
– Prizes (if any) will be determined at a later date.
– Royalties from sales will not be paid to authors for this work. All profits from this publication will be donated to a charity benefiting Alzheimer’s research (actual charity to be determined).
– Email “email@example.com” to officially enter.
– You can ask us for a “sin assignment” or pick one for yourself.
– The best submission for each sin will be featured in the book.
– Submit your completed work no later than 30 October 2019…please edit your work (professional editing not required) as this will be part of the selection process.
– VPP will review and select a submission for each sin.
– VPP will work with each author to do “polishing” of the work (not full scale editing).
– Selections and non-selections will be notified of status via email.
– Selected authors may provide a short biography and a photo to be used in the publication.
– Authors under the age of 18 must provided a signed letter from parent/guardian (scanned and emailed to VPP) allowing them to participate.
– All seven sins must have qualifying submissions for publication to occur
– One submission per author
– One SIN per submission (no stories covering multiple/all sins please)
Time frame for publication of the compilation book will be: Jan/Feb 2020 and will be in both ebook and paperback formats. Depending on the volume of interest (sales), it may also be an audiobook in the future.
VPP reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time and for any reason. VPP will not supply authors of non-selected woks with critiques or reason(s) for non-selection. All selections are at the discretion of VPP and may not be disputed/appealed/protested in any way or manner. Author’s of selected works will be required to sign a contract agreeing to the terms listed and perhaps a few more in order to protect the author and VPP. Any or all of this may change prior to closure of the contest (30 October 2019).